Order a Custom Portrait
1. Choose a canvas size. Some things to consider: where it will hang, if it will need to be shipped, how many faces and how much detail will be included. I am happy to recommend popular sizes, or a size that would be ideal based on your photo.
2. Pay the $50 deposit. This is non-refundable, and is applied to your total portrait cost. It can be paid through my Etsy store at this link.
3. Send me your photo! Choose a high-quality photo that best captures the personality of the subject. Feel free to send several if you would like help deciding. Digital photos emailed work best, but I can work with hard copies as well.
4. Approve the photo composition. I will orient and crop the photo the way I plan to paint it. At this point we can also discuss background color and other details, if applicable. Once you approve, I will begin the painting process!
5. Final payment and delivery. When the portrait is finished, I will send you a photo of it. After you pay your balance, we can then arrange for delivery and shipment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will my portrait take?
I usually estimate 1-2 weeks between January - September, and one month or more during the holiday season (October - December). This may change depending on my workload. If you need your portrait for a specific date, please let me know and I will do my best!
What materials do you use?
I paint on stretched canvas with acrylic paint and glazing mediums.
Will my painting look just like the photo?
I always strive to capture the image realistically, and it will always look like the photo, with slight variations since it is an original, hand-painted piece.
Can I choose the background color?
Absolutely! Please let me know your preference before I begin.
Can you combine different photos into one painting?
Usually - yes, as long as they are shot at similar angles with similar lighting.
Can I frame my portrait?
I paint the edges of the canvas so no framing is necessary, but you can certainly frame it if you prefer.
How do I get my portrait once it's finished?
I love delivering my paintings! If you live too far away, I can ship anywhere.